Brighton & Hove Tourist Information

 
Brighton Tourism
Hotels and Accommodation
Attractions & Walks
Historic Buildings  
Itineraries  
Museums  
Parks & Gardens  
Walks  
Photographs  
Eating Out
Events
Gay Brighton
History & Heritage
Language Schools
Maps & routes
Out & About
Postcard gallery
Pubs
Shopping
Sport & Leisure
The Seafront
Virtual Tour
 
     
   STANMER PARK
 
The Stanmer Estate was one of the large Sussex estates owned by the Pelham Family, covering 4,598 acres, and was once the home of one of the Prince Regent's mistresses, namely Lady Conyngham.
In 1947 Brighton Council acquired this estate for the sum of 225,000. It is situated approximately three miles from the town, off the A27 Lewes Road and next to Sussex University.
It is a popular park for visitors both in the summer and winter, particularly picnickers, and also for walkers who can stroll around the park and woods, or set off on one of the circular walks on the South Downs (ask for the Dawdle on the Downs Leaflet at the Visitor Information Centre  

  Address      
   
 
       
Produced by NTD